White Dog's Top 5 Low-Cost Trade Show Giveaways
TRADE SHOW SEASON is a perfect time to consider ways to draw people to your booth. Some of the most popular trade show giveaways are unusual and interactive.
Top 5 Trade Show Giveaways recommended by White Dog Promotions:
1) Lip Balm - Have a "guess the lip balm flavor" contest at your booth. Let the attendees write their "guess" on the back of their business card (or on cards you supply). At the end of the show, look at the guesses and draw a name from the correct guess(es). If possible, announce the winner at the show. Make the prize something good, such as $50 cash or better!
2) Super Chamois Style Cleaner Cloths - Ask the attendee if they have their cell phone handy, open up a Digi Clean and show them how to use it on their phone. Digi cleans are appreciated, work GREAT and your logo is sure to get face time on their phone!
3) Breath Mints or Breath Strips- This giveaway "speaks" for itself. Who doesn't appreciate (and hopefully use) a good supply of breath mints at a trade show? This is a great opportunity to help those that may have just eaten Doritos or onions for lunch. Breath mints keep everyone feeling confident about their.. breath. Keep 'em talking. Enough said.
4) Fortune Cookies - Your cookies—your fortunes, be creative! You can put coupons in cookies, "predict" that they will soon have fresher breath (refer to #5 above), etc. Everyone loves a good fortune, so have fun with this one.
5) Note Pads or Post-It Notes, and include a Pen! With 25-50 sheets per pad, your customer sees your name/logo at least 25 times. Ask us about customizing note pad BACKERS with a full-color imprint for less than $0.15 ea. This is a great area to include helpful company information or any type of reference information (first aid/CPR instructions, etc). Essentially, your note pad doubles as a brochure that won't get thrown away at the end of the trade show.
Seven Steps to a Successful Promotional Campaign
Successful promotion campaigns don't happen by chance. To realize goals, promotional products programs must be carefully planned, taking into consideration the audience, budget and, of course, the ultimate result to be gained. Ready to plan your next promotion?
SEVEN STEPS to PROMO ADVERTISING SUCCESS:
1. Define a specific objective. Whether the goal is to increase traffic at a trade show exhibit or to boost sales with current clients, the first step in any campaign is to clarify the purpose of the program.
2. Determine a workable distribution plan to a targeted audience. Distribution of a promotional product is as important as the item itself. For example, a pre-show mailing to a select audience delivers more trade show traffic and qualified leads than simply distributing items at the show.
3. Create a central theme. Linking a recognizable logo and color to all aspects of a campaign, from promotional products to sales sheets to product packaging, helps create an instantly recognizable image and will increase memory retention.
4. Develop a message to support the theme. Supporting a campaign's theme with a message helps to solidify a company's name, service or products in the target audience's mind. For instance, to promote its services to small businesses, a bank created the theme "Are you tired of being treated like a small fish?" and sent fish-related products to its prospects along with promotional literature.
5. Select a promotional product that bears a natural relationship to your profession or communications theme. A good example is a company that developed a magic motif for its conference at Disney World. Attendees received magic-related products to tie in with the theme "Experience the magic at Disney®."
6. Don't pick an item based solely on uniqueness, price or perceived value. Don't fall prey to the latest trends or fads. The most effective promotional products are used in a cohesive, well-planned campaign.
7. LET US HELP you answer all of these questions as well as offer a variety of value-added services, including unique product ideas, creative distribution solutions and insight on the different imprinting methods just to name a few. Call us toll free at 877-875-1144 to get started today!
Strategies to Get Direct Mail Opened
Question: Can a custom printed cork coaster help open a sealed envelope?
Answer: YES. A cork coaster mailed inside an envelope almost guarantees the recipient will open it. The "lump" it creates is too intriguing to throw away. Yep, it's true, a coaster is a letter opener.
Promotional products are often used in direct mail advertising as "guaranteed letter openers." Put a lump in the envelope, and you can almost guarantee the recipient will open it. Add your logo to the "lump" and long-term advertising begins. Create a good, targeted, call-to-action mailing and receive maximum return on investment.
A few more "letter openers" to consider for direct mail lumps: - Mousepads - Collapsible Can Coolies - Custom Post-Its - Pens - Highlighters - Microfiber Cleaning Cloths - Digi Clean Microfiber Screen Cleaners - Compressed Sponges - Wooden Nickels - Letter Openers - USB Drives - Golf Tees - Jotters - Magnifier Bookmarks - Luggage Tags - Luggage Spotters - Keychains - Silicone Bracelets - Paper Flags - Matchbook Flags - Rulers - Nail Files - Drawstring Backpack - Wonder Mats - Memo Boards - Puzzles
Want more out of your mailing? Give an incentive to visit the company website. Send a brain teaser puzzle with the solution listed on a special page of your website. Be creative! Who are your target clients? What would they use, appreciate and/or bring a smile to their day? Be remembered. Promote today!
Four Important Mouse Pad Considerations
It may seem mundane, but we have a few mousepad preferences that you may find helpful!
1) We prefer fabric mouse pads because mice tend to "track" best on smooth, soft fabric.
2) 1/16" mouse pads are great to mail (because they are lighter) and great for laptops because you can close them inside the laptop, even use them as screen cleaners.
3) 1/8" thick mouse pads are a standard desktop style. The thicker 1/4" mouse pads are now considered somewhat old fashioned.
4) Predominantly dark colored mouse pads are best, because mouse pads get dirty and people will throw away a dirty mousepad more quickly. Our top selling mousepads are anti-microbial. Let us know if you need anti-microbial mousepads!
5) Mouse pads have a TERRIFIC, large imprint area, and full-color imprints are available for orders as low as 100 pieces! Round, rectangle or square, mouse pads may be the perfect fit for your next promotion.
Ideas for Cups, Mugs and Gift Giving
Look below for great "themes" and "stuffers" to use with logo'd cups, mugs or tumblers:
- "Sweet" Business - Include your business card and an assortment of candy.
- Thanks a "Mint" - Include your business card and peppermints or butter mints.
- Great Customer Service to the "Tea" - Include business card, a tea bag or strainer, or a local coffee shop gift card.
- We're "Speedy" - Include your business card and a can of espresso grounds or a local coffee shop gift card.
- Take the Night Off - Include your business card, a mini soda can, package of popcorn and a movie gift card.
- Empty Cup - Include your business card and a message that you'll stop by for an office visit soon to fill their cup - doubling the cup as a reason to visit.
- The "Grow Your Business" Grow Kit - comes included with seeds, soil wafer, saucer, and growing instructions. Great seed ideas include "money" plants, forget-me-nots, etc.
- And, YES, you can get the mints, chocolates, seed packets, and other "stuffers" imprinted with your name or logo too! Call us at 877-875-1144 for more ideas and prices.
Best Promotional Products Under a Dollar
We're often asked, what are the best promotional products under a dollar? Or, which customer gifts are the most popular?
Popular giveaways are good indicators of the current market, but are not always the best considerations when choosing promotional products for your specific advertising needs.
We recommend our clients first consider: -
- HOW will recipients receive products (conference, tradeshow, open house, direct mail, leave-behind)?
- WHO are the intended recipients? What would they use and appreciate?
- WHAT information do you want to print on the product?
- WHERE do you want recipients to USE and SEE the product (desk, car, refrigerator, carry-with-them) Answering these four questions helps develop a marketing strategy for your promotion.
Some products are better suited for mailing; some have larger imprint areas, and some will be used in the kitchen. Where do you want to advertise and how are you going to get there? We can HELP! We eat, sleep and drink with promotional products (really!). Give us a call, toll-free, 877-875-1144.
Promotional Products Make Good $$ Sense
Promotional products bring results!
- Promotional products can boost response rates by as much as 75% according to a Baylor University Study.
- The use of a promotional product in conjunction with a sales letter can increase response rates by as much as 50% (PPAI study)
- 39% of people who received a promotional product could recall the name of the company imprinted on the item as long as six months after receiving it. (Study by Schreber & Associates)
- Sales people who gave promotional gifts to customers received 22% more referrals than those who did not. (Baylor University Study) - Customers who received a promotional product expressed more goodwill towards the company than those who did not receive a promotional product (Exhibit Survey Inc. study)
- According to a 2005 study conducted by Georgia Southern University, recipients of promotional products have a significantly more positive opinion of a business through: more positive overall image, more positive perception of the business, higher likelihood of recommending the business as well as a higher likelihood of patronizing the business.
- Promotional products, used as dimensionals in direct mail solicitations, can boost response rates by up to 75 percent, according to a study by Baylor University.